Renting a boat in the summer is a wonderful way to spend a day on vacation or a day off from work. It allows you to spend time with your family while doing something different and exciting. You get to explore an area from a different perspective for an affordable cost. With all the boat types offered, there are some things you should take into account when you're ready to rent a boat.
- Where to rent from - There are numerous marinas situated around a single body of water. Lake Wallenpaupack has several locations to rent boats, with many different rental options. Research your options and choose the place that is the best fit for you.
- What boat to rent - With all the rental options available, such as ski boats, pontoon boats, and fishing boats, take into consideration how many people will be in your party, what activities you are planning on doing, and how much stuff you will be bringing along. Choose a boat that can accommodate all your needs.
- What is the rental agreement - Before signing a rental agreement, read it carefully and familiarize yourself with the rules and regulations. Some marinas restrict the area in which you can travel with the boat. Many boats are not equipped for towables. Know the rules prior to renting.
- What are you covered for - Along with the rental agreement, you should know what you are liable for should there be damage to the rental equipment. It is common for a rental facility to offer a damage waiver. Inspect the boat with an employee before taking it out to ensure you both agree on it's condition.
- Do you have a qualified driver - Regulations for operating a boat vary from state to state. In Pennsylvania, you must have a Boater's Safety Certification to operate a boat if you were born in 1982 or later. Make sure you know the qualifications and have an adequate and knowledgeable member of your party operate the boat.
- Location and use of safety equipment - Commonly provided with the boat rental, safety equipment is required on a boat. Know where the fire extinguisher is located and how to use it. Know where the Personal Flotation Devices (PFDs) are stored and make sure everyone has one that fits properly.
Pocono Action Sports, located at Lighthouse Harbor Marina on Lake Wallenpaupack, offers various rental options. Visit us online at PoconoActionSports.com or call us at (570) 857-0779 for more information!